These are used for truing, spotting and reconditioning of dovetailed guide ways of machine tools, slides and similar work pieces.
- Made from close grained plain cast iron conforming to Grade FG; 220 of IS: 210 (equivalent to GG20 / FT20 /30-A). Higher grades also offered on request.
- Casting stress – relieved to remove internal stresses.
- Provided with suitable M.S. handles on either side.
- Offered in two grades of accuracies as under:
Grade-1: having at least 25 bearing spots in 25×25 mm area, maximum error in specified angle between working surfaces being within +/-5′.
Grade-2: having at least 20 bearing spots in 25×25 mm area, maximum error in specified angle between working surfaces being within +/-10′.
- Offered in sizes with various working angles between working faces as shown in the table.
Standard Sizes of Straight Edges (Prismatic / Triangular)
|Length||Working angles (in degree) & corresponding Width of working faces (in mm)|