JASH C.I. Lapping Plates are extensively used for accurate hand lapping of ferrous & non-ferrous parts to obtain a perfect oil tight surface.
- Made from close grained plain cast iron conforming to grade FG: 220 of IS: 210 (equivalent to GG20 / FT20 / 30-A). Higher grades also offered on request.
- Castings stress relieved to relieve internal stresses.
- Hand scraped surface finish.
- Offered in square, rectangular and round sizes.
- Constructional features of square and rectangular sizes similar to those of Cast Iron Surface Plates as per IS: 2285.
- Plates up to 630 x 630 mm provided with handles for lifting. Larger plates provided with cored holes in peripheral for lifting by mechanical means.
- Provided with 3 x 3 mm groves at a nominal pitch distance of 25 to 30 mm on top surface.
- Supplied with rexine cover for top surface protection.
Standard Sizes of Lapping Plate
|Square & Rectangular sizes|
( L & B )
|Flatness accuracy in microns||Round Sizes|
|Tolerances on overall deviation
from flatness in microns.
|Sizes in mm||Grade 0||Grade 1||Sizes in mm||Grade 0||1|
|250 x 250||4||7||100||5||12|
|400 x 250||4||8||150||5||13|
|400 x 400||5||9||200||5||13|
|630 x 400||5||10||250||6||14|
|630 x 630||5||10||300||6||14|
|1000 x 630||6||12||400||7||16|
|1000 x 1000||7||14||600||7||16|